Thursday, August 25, 2011

a satisfied heart.



To my fellow SEVA challengers:
I wanted to share my thoughts about this amazing journey we have all embarked upon. It's been quite the road so far as I am sure we all know!
It's been over a month since I returned home from Off the Mat's (OTM) Leadership training at Omega NY, but I am continuously reminded and inspired by the container of support that I became a part of those amazing 5 days. Whether it is emailing the ladies at OTM, Facebook chatting with our BE Fierce OTM group, reaching out to my own community, telling anyone and everyone about "Lady for Haiti" - I continue to be inspired.
Going into the training I felt like there was something I was searching for - truly feeling disconnected from community, and that there was something i was supposed to be "doing" with myself that I was not already.
This is true, however, that 5 day intensive and now this project - has allowed me to realize that community support is ALWAYS there - people are out there. I feel absolutely humbled to realize that there was not a lack of community existing, but rather my heart's involvement with my own community was not as strong as it could have been. Feeling all the time that I was "doing everything alone"... I will never again.
It is said that "once the mind is stretched by an idea....it will never again regain it's original dimensions" - this is where i am at. Lit up. Shining brighter.

My practice and all that I do with this leadership initiative has helped to stretch me - and in all it's vulnerability of launching myself out there into the insanely amazing yogi world that already surrounded me; I am empowered. The more excited I get, the more I share - the more I share, the more amazing people flow into my life. I am changed. I am humbled. I practice everyday and I love yoga again. Something I would not have said only a few months ago.
Some days are harder than others; it's a huge 4 month goal, raising $20,000, but I have painted it on my heart that everyday is the best day and I continue to plant seeds, work hard and enjoy the journey.
Over the training I created the affirmation: "I am satisfied and grateful to how well is my HEART into what I do".
My heart pours into EVERYTHING I do and with that in mind, that is all that matters.

Much love & peace to you all.
Dream big,
Ashley "Lady for Haiti" Lord



1 comment:

Ela Wojtowicz said...

Ashley! You are so sweet! I love your post! I feel the same. This is an exciting journey that we are a part of and we are meant to do! :) Love, Ela