Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Passing trees

Looking out the window of a shuttle...trees, fields...passing by, we pass by. A familiar scene, reminiscent of my up-bring in Ontario...road trips north, trees and farms.
Looking out I catch myself time traveling back to those moments as I set my eyes on this landscape. I look the other direction and see the shanti shacks of reality in this third world nation.
Its such an interesting experience to call this soil home. Vastly differing from all my other travel experiences of simply visiting places, coming and going.
I am not sure if the passing trees remind me of home, or if this home has become that much more familiar.
Probably a bit of both. It really is beautiful here.

I was homesick for the first time yesterday...my body is trying harder than usual to balance itself...as I have a slight sickness at present. I am patient with my body, but I miss the comfort of my mom, her home and a nice bath. :-)
I am grateful for Alex and our wonderful home we have created together...wherever we go we have each other and that's the comfort of home in the best way.

Days and time pass as we continue to live our lives here...but the passing is different. As trees pass in the landscape its as if to say...stay here. Time is slow, life is rich, and trees are trees.

No comments: