Friday, August 20, 2010

Bedouin Soundclash, new friends, late night coffee beans...and dreams


...so I just had the most fantastic day on set filming the new Bedouin Soundclash video for "Mountain Top"!

what I loved most about the day - music aside - were the people I met. Dancing, talking, singing, laughing - just playing around having a great time. SO much you can learn about people when put in a scenario such as this.
Just simply "enjoying" a life experience together. People really shine.

...now I sit up at my computer - wide awake - probably a big mistake to eat 8 chocolate covered coffee beans at 11pm - oops! I don't know what is so damn good about those little balls - let me tell you they are addictive. Brings me back to those late night library study sessions in university!
But anyway - I am here working on my computer... - okay, truthfully i have been on facebook (for probably WAY too long) - but its quite great actually and I have allowed myself to enjoy it for the last hour or so.

Today, I met a group of wonderful people; we all came together and touched each other's lives. I know i will never forget it. So, as I let myself cruise around on facebook, upload photos and video from the day, add/accept all my new found friends, it is kind of a tribute to the fun times had.
Maybe some of these people I will never talk to again in my life (that being said we will probably remain FB friends forever haha), maybe one or two of us will share an experience again one day, perhaps even I come to know them and they play a significant part along my own path....who knows.

That is the beauty of the present time - we do not have to know what the future holds for us. We can enjoy making these bonds, forming connection, experiencing life, and letting ourselves shine in each moment.
It is also important to remember today - so we can dream for tomorrow.
I have wanted to dive into the film/tv/creative industry for a long time - today was a step in the right direction - and really reaffirms that I am on the right track with my life right now. I am following my dream - making shit happen.
(for those of you who are like, well, aren't you a yoga teacher - where is this coming from?!) oh my friends, I am so much more than just a yoga teacher - I LIVE yoga, I will continue to teach people from my experiences and although being a teacher helps to define me - by no means must it limit me.
Maybe my interest in the film industry will lead me to producing more yoga videos...hmmmmm!?

I am so thankful for this wicked experience...only more good times to be had.

The time is now, so as of recently, I have decided to move to Toronto to expand, grow, create more opportunity and LIGHT IT UP in the city I have missed for too long. (102.1 the edge - I love you so much)
More on my Toronto transition soon ;)
Make YOUR dreams happen people - you only live once!

“anyone who lives within their means, suffers from a lack of imagination” – Oscar Wilde.


much love,
Ashley

No comments: