Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A new chapter begins

I can see the palm trees only from beyond the windows of Miami international airport...but can feel the heat sneaking in from random corridor openings. How close I am to the unknown...a few hours and I will touch down in Guatemala City. Feeling a sense of calm...but reassured by my partner that I am about to sh*t my pants soon enough ;)
Funny really. Its more fun than nerve racking.
Last night's farewell wine seems to still be lingering and I am drinking tea and water by the gallon!
It wasn't hard leaving - many goodbyes and safe travels spoken...the last weeks though overwhelming, were rich with life. Many conversations and time with friends, but the quiet reflection was essential and I enjoyed as much of it as I could. Enjoyment?? Perhaps not the most fitting way to describe the intensity of the conscious process...enriching rings more true.
This next chapter will bring a whole new set of challenges; rock on.
Slept most of this flight... Lost in the melody of a few albums on my iPod. Visions of what is to come. Revisiting my intentions and knowing I am exactly where I need to be. I created it all.
I now find myself watching the cloud-lined window of Taca airline...alone and quiet again. My partner in crime is behind me somewhere in the sea of Spanish conversation...as the reality sinks in...40 minutes from landing; prepare to be wowed.
The rum and coke is like a breathe of fresh air as the aircraft begins to make its decent.
I lay my eyes on a foreign landscape; wide awake.

No comments: