Friday, February 26, 2016

Dubai.

It's morning says my body, and evening time in Dubai where I'm about to land.
13 hours up in the air. Heavy cabin fever brewing in this Airbus...but I did see a waterfall at the top of the grand staircase - so that makes it awesome.
In addition, there is legit cutlery, warm meals, a documentary film about the vintage wine found onboard this aircraft, grilled salmon/sauv blanc pairing followed by a scotch on the rocks to cap off the night. Not much rest, but lots of music.
I cried as the plane took off. It's been real. The heart knows what it needs and is leading the way. 
Sleep & yoga are necessary for the 7 hours in Dubai.
Eyes are tired, body feels the dips and slow decent of craft...20 minutes to parts unknown. 
I bet there will be a waterfall at the airport. 



Dubai airport - yup, big fat waterfall. I was joking around when I wrote the paragraph above, but seriously gorgeous water display with LED lights as soon as I walked in! Ha!
Toured the spa here and enjoyed some delicious lemon mint water. Glanced into the Emirates first class lounge with all its golden glamour. A failed attempt to sweet talk my way into the business class lounge lead me to cruise around for a great long walk. In both terminals A & B. 
Rocked a mini workout, stair climb & asana practice.
Showered at the airport facilities (a first). The YMCA showers in Edmonton when I train traveled across Canada was as close as I've come to an inter-travel shower situation.
Salad with salmon and a peppermint tea with a meal voucher. Solid layover. I also definitely ate all the chocolate in my backpack. It really feels like Vegas in the Dubai airport. See you soon India.

No comments: