Saturday, February 27, 2016

Ah, sun....rise.

At 30000 ft these eyes watched the warm sun rise above a holy land. The sky was quiet, from darkness emerged a deep orange ruby blanket extending wide across the horizon. Pinks, oranges and reds turned to a brilliant yellow ball of light popping up awakening, welcoming and blessing this new day to come.
Listening to sounds of my man Trevor Hall, my face glows with happiness. Nothing short of a royal welcome to the wonderous east. You're already capturing my heart sweet land.
And then a flight attendant proceeded to close all the windows along the east side of the plane - for reasons I'll never know. So at 30000 ft I sit in darkness and write. Indian dude beside me is covered up like a mummy sleeping with his blanket over his head. Bring it on India. I've been patiently waiting to meet you.

No comments: