Monday, February 29, 2016

India.

3am. waking naturally. easy when bedtime was 7pm. On my own accord...as the body is still making sense of it all.
india. no words can truly do justice to explain this incredible land. i will, however, share a few.
after sleeping for 17 hours...needed following a journey across the world. Slow is the pace and I have settled into ashram life. The bed is hard and supportive and 3am finds me doing restorative yoga postures tucked underneath the bed's mosquito netting. Headphones in, sweet sounds sooth this sore body. I dress, leave the dorm to pray. Darkness before the sun I am in the temple. The priest arises offering blessings for the day. It is quiet. Prayers. Back to the shelter of mosquito net-ville I lay down and rest again. Awake to the deep listening of Trevor Hall's Chapter of the Forest. An album of his love of India: "Jagadeesha. I speak of a country, ever so lovely. In silence I walk. oh friend come closer. i will unfold her. bliss all around." Mmmm.

This morning we walked as a group through the town to sit by the lakeside and sing. It is still dark as we follow the waking sun toward the water.
Local houses offer music through loud speakers and I hear elephants calling from the wildlife sanctuary.
Kirtan along the rocks. Temperature rises as does the sun. After silence I slip into conversation with some solo lady travellers who share tales. Chatting makes the climbing hills easy to manage.
Tea time. Practise. Breakfast. Sweeping. Now.
Singing. Listening. Sweating. Drinking Water. Writing.
This land. A spiritual empire. Inspiring words from this journey. Dearest India, I will try to eloquently express your beauty and how you have captured my heart. 
But mother india, more than words, you are a feeling. I am grateful for you. 
Om.

No comments: