Wednesday, April 13, 2016

the Indian post office experience...part two: fed ex.

a low moment in the Darj.

Ugh. why is it such a mission to send post in this country. So after my stressful 5 hour post office experience in Trevandrum I vowed i was not going to send post again from India.
Well.....i've just completed a relatively quicker, more stressful and most definitely more expensive fed ex experience in Darjeeling.
I am exhausted, hungry, shaky. I'm not sure why shipping is such an intense experience, but it requires every ounce of my being to keep collected while enduring this process.
Maybe it's the manhandling of my carefully selected and packed items. Zero mindfulness. And don't even get me started about the excessive amount of packing tape used in what can only be called a "packaging performance" haha.
I've just returned to the town after a trek through the gorgeous Himalayas and I think my nervous system is just doing a little adjustment. Not to mention I am definitely PMSing to ad insult to injury. 
A little peanut butter and toast, some Bedouin Soundclash on the iphone....a sit down at good old Glenary's and i'll be back in action shortly.
#india.

No comments: